The Law’s Futures roundtables build on the contributions to an online symposium on Legal Education’s Futures held at Prawsblawg in March 2018. We hope to continue the productive conversations begun there with in-person gatherings. The goal is to move those conversations forward, in person, expanding and systematizing the questions and plotting the landscape of next steps. Beyond innovations and improvements in particular programs and in particular schools, what should legal education and the legal profession look like in the decades to come, and how can we move concretely from present conditions to implementation?
Dates and Schedule
Thursday, September 26, 2019 (dinner)
Friday, September 27, 2019
Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, Chicago, Illinois
This event has concluded.
- Michael Madison, Professor of Law, University of Pittsburgh School of Law
- Dan Rodriguez, Harold Washington Professor of Law, Northwestern Pritzker School of Law
- Hiram Chodosh, President, Claremont McKenna College
Attendance and Participation
Participation is by invitation.
For more information, contact Michael Madison at madison[at]pitt.edu
Preparing for the Roundtable
- 2019 Agenda
- 2019 Participants
- 2019 Venue information (dinner and meeting locations, and hotel advice)
- Recommended reading [updated]
- 2019 Roundtable invitation
- 2018 Laws Futures Roundtable website